Wednesday, June 21

Spain Part Uno

Thankfully, the Massaros were also in Valencia -- their apartment was a good half hour walk from ours but we made it there and then M and I made a plan for one adventure a day for the rest of the week. Managing seven kids in a foreign city was no joke. My girls love those boys -- what a great group of kids.



Gelatto every day? OK!

"The Massaros are here! I see them!"


Baby Quinn love fest.


My grocery buddies. The translator and the muscles.

Yeah, we managed to get this crew to the beach via the metro without losing any of them! Hee hee.

Evening trip to the beach -- It was still so hot at 6pm that I had to get into the water! My girls were the only ones wearing bathing suit tops (let alone the long-sleeved rash guards pale Talie and Quinn require) and I was the only mom in a swim skirt and not a bikini. We were extremely overdressed.


The dads met us for dinner and then we hopped in a cab to go home. Unfortunately Jas could not come with us (only 4 in a cab at a time) and our driver brought us to the wrong block. I started to panic a bit and told Elliott to tell the driver to take us back to the grocery store and we could walk from there. She ROCKS. Effortless Spanish and a calm, cool attitude. We got to where we needed to be and I could not be more proud of her.

This was almost 11am. Jet lag, man. Also, dinner at 8:30 and bedtime at 10pm makes for sleepy girls.


I successfully got these three sunscreened and fed and out of the apartment and all the way to the Massaro's apartment and I only cried once. OK, maybe twice.


We arrived at the zoo past 5pm (SO HOT) and had it almost to ourselves!

Quinn LOVED the animals -- especially the giraffes. This baby is afraid of dogs but wanted to pet a lion.

Ed the hyena meets a hyena!


Jas came home from work bearing gifts. HA!

Again, managed all these kids on a public bus and didn't lose anyone! 

Talie was ... unpredictable. I was SO glad I had the stroller for her.


Cute picture, right? The reality wasn't as pretty but I needed coffee and we made it happen. 

Our front door!


Love those Massaro boys.

Jas' work friends had a little party for us but Q couldn't hang past 8:30pm.

These two.

Cartwheel fail.


We EARNED that sangria!!




No comments: