Wednesday, June 1

Brave Little Talie

After two ambulance rides, two febrile seizures, a scary high fever, two nights in the hospital, an IV, and 30+ electrodes on her head, brave little Talie is home -- they ruled out all the scary stuff and it seems as though she just caught some nasty virus. She's happy to be back "wiff Eh-wee-ut and Baby Twinn" and we are glad to be all under one roof again. I finally just brushed my teeth and I feel like a new person. Parenting is terrifying.





She wanted to send Elliott this picture.

So E sent this one back.

I couldn't leave Quinn for more than 2 hours so Jas was with T all weekend. It was very hard to not drive like a crazy person when I went to pick them up. So glad that's all over.



Both girls spiked fevers on Tuesday but recovered quickly and with no drama. Man oh man.
While we are on the topic of Talie, here are a few of my favorite Talie-isms of late:

  • "Ainsilly" -- sometimes it means "actually," sometimes it means "occasionally," sometimes it means "eventually."
  • Everything happens "next Fursday."
  • "Mommy? Can I have a hammer for my birfday?"
  • One night at bedtime, she was super angry that we were going to read Elliott's book first (they each get to pick one book to read at bedtime) so she stomped her foot, crossed her arms, and yelled, "but I'm FAMOUS." Elliott and I both cracked up laughing and then so did Talie.
  • She was CRYING elephant tears during naptime a few weeks ago and when asked why she was so sad, she told me she was sad about Baby Maya and that she didn't live at our house. She was VERY happy to hear that Maya was coming to visit us soon.
  • Both girls were running around in the buff at bedtime (as per usual) and then doing a disco pose in the mirror while yelling, "NAKED! TWO POINT OH!" Knuckleheads.

No comments: