Sunday, June 5

Our village

I cannot express enough gratitude to and for our village. We have an amazing network of friends who were willing to drop everything to host our big kids for sleepovers, respond to middle of the night labor texts, deliver food, lend hand-me-down equipment, and so much more. I am overwhelmed but the love and support. I need to get cracking on old fashioned thank you notes.



The girls have started calling Alissa "Auntie Alissa" -- when you come bearing flowers 14 hours after I have a baby and I'm wearing no pants but one-size-fits-most underpants ... you're family.

T had a little trouble settling down for sleepover #2



Joellyn and Alissa came over andtook over -- fed and entertained the girls, did laundry, cleaned up toys. It was awesome.



Talie's sleepover buddy, Miss Wendy.

Elliott's sleepoever buddies, Miss Cristina, Isa and JuJu.

Miss Stephanie

Our first meal delivery included BEER!

Another meal delivery included Leogs and PlayDo for the girls!
These two lovely ladies.  Lifesavers.  Meal deliverers, commiserators, emergency playdate hosts, Friday afternoon cocktail consumers ... Jonna is a research junkie and Nicole is a doula so no matter what TMI question I have, they have an answer at all hours of the day. They are my judgement-free zone. No question too dumb, no issue too taboo. During a time when in-person adult conversations are impossible to complete, I am thankful for these ladies and their texting thumbs! 

The lovely Meredith is a La Leche League leader and another texting lifesaver. Another judgement-free zone here that I am SO thankful for. I don't know what I'd have done over the last 6+ years of motherhood without her friendship and guidance. 

No comments: