Elliott's legs. She's getting so tall. I can't get over it. How is it possible that she is going into kindergarten in a few weeks? Also, her brain. I complimented her the other day on being inquisitive. She is just so INTERESTED in EVERYTHING. It really makes ME think because she asks really interesting questions about life and animals and the earth and our bodies. Parenting is really challenging but man, it is fascinating to watch a brain grow.
Talie's cheeks. And her thigh rolls. And her FEET! This baby. I tell you, she is so freakin' cute. She was naked in the backyard the other day (as per usual) and I noticed that her fat rolls were covering her private parts. I know that phase will pass soon (see above RE Elliott's stems) so I am trying to soak it up while I can. Also, she's gone through so many shoes this summer it is ridiculous. I feel like Elliott's feet are more like mine -- kind of tiny to the point where you wonder how they are able to hold up the body. T's feet just keep growing! Oh also? Her vocabulary! I really thought she'd be slow to talk because it would be so hard to get a word in around her sister, but she is just LOUDER. She talks SO MUCH! I love it. I have a headache, but I love it.
My garden. There is something very therapeutic about growing plants. I suck at indoor plants but I have to say, my outdoor garden is really coming along. My friend from high school came and helped me with my shady garden in the front and it makes me happy every time I pull into the driveway. In the back, I have some AMAZING hydrangeas and now that the gardening bug has bitten me, I can't stop. I am loving it. Apparently, I'm old now. But I'm OK with that. My garden is gorgeous.
My love and admiration for my husband. Yes, this is the sappy part. Skip ahead to the photos if you don't want to hear me gush about how great he is. My husband is the best. It has been a very sad few months around here with my dad passing and other family hardships but man, I hit the jackpot with this guy. He is unendingly patient and unerringly loyal and loving and just freakin' awesome. I am so lucky to have his love and support. And he's easy on the eyes, too. Ow! Ow! I can only hope that I make him as happy as he makes me. Remember when I said that the girls squeal with delight as soon as they hear the garage door open at night? Well, they are not alone. The best part of my day is when he walks in the door. I can still remember the way I felt on that fateful day in June 1999 when he walked in the door of our little edocs office -- he took my breath away and I kid you not, it happens every night, 15 years later. Holy crap. FIFTEEN YEARS? Yep, I'm old. But again, I'm OK with that because I've got this awesome man by my side.
![]() |
| Seriously? Look at those legs! |
![]() |
| Someone was VERY excited about her first s'more. |
![]() |
| This is from a few weeks ago. It is even more beautiful now. |
![]() |
| Several nights this summer, this has been "bath time." Who needs soap every day? |











No comments:
Post a Comment