Thursday, August 14

Other summer fun

We have been BUSY!  But in a really good way.  In a very happy way.  In an "I haven't updated the blog in more than a month" way.  Elliott is tan, Talie is sleeping like a CHAMP, and Scout has had several dog friends visit for weekends (I don't really want a second dog but dog-sitting is kind of fun for everyone around here.).  Jas and I really should get out to see a movie or two before the summer ends.  I have to admit that my babysitter time recently was spent going to the dentist and then the grocery store.  But going to the grocery store by myself was somewhat decadent.  I mean, not like, massage and yoga decadent but still ...

They do occasionally get a real bath ... indoors ... with soap.  Only occasionally though.

Livin' large at the Clearbrook pool.  All of the lifeguards know Talie by name because she tries to climb into the pool the SECOND we arrive.  I have not been able to eat anything or reapply sunscreen for weeks.  


BIG FACE!

littleface
 
Elliott and her thunder buddies



I was concerned that these girls were so far apart in age but this summer they've really started playing together.  It is very sweet -- and sometimes toxic -- but getting better every week.  I can totally picture them fighting like dogs in a few years but also playing with Barbies -- or Ninja Turtles.  You know, whatever.


No comments: