Saturday, February 16

Need suggestions

I thought that since we're living in Hawaii and we don't have any friends yet and we don't have a TV, that I'd be reading tons of books. But I am finding that I was a public transportation reader. Now that I drive to and from work, I don't spend those two hours (although my driving commute is shorter than my bus commute used to be) reading.

I'm also stumped on WHAT to read next. I was in Borders recently and nothing really jumped out at me. That almost NEVER happens. I think maybe I need to read a mystery or thriller book -- something fast-paced and exciting. Anyone have any suggestions? Mary Higgins Clark? I read a few of those in high school. Dean Koontz?

Help please.
:o)

3 comments:

A&C said...

How about "The History of Salt"? Not a mystery or thriller, and definitely not something fast-paced and exciting, but hey, if I could get Christina to eat her words and admit that she liked it, there's potential there!

Love the photos, please keep them coming!

Andy

A&C said...

hahaha...I agree with Andy about the Salt book-you may have already read it though. The best thriller I've read lately is called "Night Music" by Harrison Gardwell Slater. It about a musician who finds a lost Mozart score, and a whole mystery arises as he tries to get it published. I loved it-some music, historty... and a bit Da Vinci code like.

Megan said...

Lawrence Block - he has about a bazillion books in a crime-fighter series that spans about 30 years - Matthew Scudder is the main character. Bryan got me hooked last year when he was trying to read 100 books...once you finish one, you can't wait to start the next!
http://www.lawrenceblock.com/index_framesetfl.htm