Monday, January 25

Skiing Weekend

This weekend we had our 2nd annual ski trip with the Massaro clan up at Sunday River.  Well, everyone else skied. I did my best to not fall down on ice. Being pregnant in the winter bites -- I can't go in the hot tub while everyone is skiing, I can't have a glass of wine while everyone is ice skating -- I guess I'll just do the dishes and be a taxi service. I kid. I still had fun. We added another family to the trip this year (coworker and college friend) and upgraded to a kick-ass condo slope-side that had a community OUTDOOR pool.  So cool.  I hope we have a third annual trip next year!


I bought a bunch of busy bag crafting to keep the littles entertained while the big kids were skiing.  Jas liked the pipe cleaners with beads craft the best.

On one of my taxi trips, I left the littles with Mike for a few minutes. Talie is pretty well potty trained but still needs help with #2. Well of COURSE, during the 10 minutes I was gone, she had to poop.  Rather than ask Mike for help, she went by herself. When I came in, she had just finished and proudly told me that she wiped herself -- but since she couldn't reach the toilet, she just washed her hands ... IN THE POTTY. Thankfully she hadn't left the bathroom yet and hadn't touched anything!  OMG.


Elliott rocked her ski lessons.  She advanced 2 levels in 2 days.  She even went on the chair lift!  Hopefully next year Jas and I will be able to ski, too (his back was hurting this weekend).

Theo fell down so Talie joined him for a little nap.


So many kids!

Look!  A grownup picture!

Outdoor heated pool.


The entrance to the pool was inside and sauna-like.

My view from inside -- could only be improved if it had been wine instead of hot chocolate!

Knucklehead.

Talie was eavesdropping on the grownups and fell asleep by the door.  The big kids were all in bunk beds in the basement -- Elliott and Maddie insisted on sharing the top bunk. Ha!


My friend Mary Michael was on the chairlift and sent this picture asking if this was our condo -- it was!  Our unit was on the far right but we were that close to the slopes. Convenient-ish -- the only way to get to a chair lift was via a black diamond so ti was a little tricky getting the kids out ...

No comments: