Thursday, December 24

Christmas Prep

Lots of fun happenings here as we get ready for Christmas!




TAH DAH!

It just occurred to me that I never got around to hanging these stockings.  D'oh! Well, we have stockings for Baby Maya and Thomas ready to go for next year!

Marshmallow snowman craft

Holiday treat sweat shop.  I promise I didn't give away any from the tray that Talie sneezed all over.

Holiday books from Great Babsie!

I looked back to see what dress E wore when she was 3 and I realized that T was only a few weeks old so ... E wore a red shirt. Ha!  So we squeezed her into some 2T beauties that we didn't get around to wearing last year. This was my dress in the early 80s.

Reusing Auntie Lauren's old dress again!

My mom friends and I painted wine glasses for our holiday fun-fest.

T likes helping in the kitchen. I can't imagine why?

Gingerbread house decorating!

Fail #1: I burned the Ninja-bread Men
 
Fail #2: who thought it was a good idea to make the gingerbread from scratch? IT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA. Fail #3: the icing was too runny to hold anything together so Shelly the genius suggested Nutella!  We managed to keep one house together .... but by the time we got it stable, the girls had last interest and were off playing dress-up.  Whoops.  Next year, I will glue graham cracker houses and just have the kids decorate!

Baby Maya and all her cousins!

Reunited and it feels so good!

A little last minute wrapping and we are ready to go!

SO MUCH TAPE!

Another kitchen fail. Cream puffs were a little hard to fill with a busted pastry filler.

Final kitchen fail: I started making cinnamon rolls WAY too late at night and once I was more than an hour into the process, I realized I had forgotten to put the butter into the dough. They ended up OK. Oy. So many kitchen fails!


No comments: