Tuesday, February 24

Hawaii Part One

Remember that time we went to Hawaii and I was recovering from knee surgery so I couldn't swim or hike?  Oh and I was covered in hives from some weird mystery allergy?  Yeah ... that was fun.  I kid, I kid.  We had a blast.  We definitely would have adventured more if I had been more mobile, but we still had tons of fun with Nana and Papa Dan.  A MILLION thanks to them for their hospitality -- they were in Hawaii for NINE WEEKS this year so had lots of visitors!  


This is the view from the lanai.  The neighbors built a pool out of their lava rock/tide control wall.  That is Jas' 16 year old cousin holding Talie way out at the edge and Elliott is swimming with his other cousin and Nana.  SO GORGEOUS.


Since our trip got delayed by snow we only ended up overlapping with Rockaway cousins for one day. :o(

Whales and Kona coffee. Le sigh ...

It took us FOREVER to get to the beach because Talie insisted on collecting lava rocks the whole way.  The Big Island is mostly lava rock, not beach -- there are beaches, but you have to 4-wheel and/or hike down to the sand and water.


Worth the hike.

Built-in babysitting = night out!

Whale watching from the deck.

He trusted E with the clippers ... but I'm the one who gave him a bald spot over his ear.  Whoops.  He had to go to Supercuts to get it fixed!


"On your mark!"

Vacation is exhausting.



Nana photobomb!

Gecko-watching





Elliott was giving a school lesson -- in a British accent.

"Nana! Don't climb down there!!!"





No comments: