Monday, July 9

Beach Day

We headed down to the cape for the day today to go visit Uncle Matt and Ant Lindsay (they are on vacation with Linds' family for the week).  Hunting for crabs was both fun AND scary -- they found a crab that was too big to fit into any of our buckets.  The girls also caught lots of fish that kept hopping out of the bucket.  I didn't let her sleep on the way home (lesson learned from last week) and she fell asleep SO FAST tonight that she is barely all the way in her bed.  Successful beaching.

This is her excited face.  I had just told her what the plan was for the day (I tend to not tell her what we are doing until 5 minutes before we leave in case plans change).

Checking out the captive crabs and fish.


Running away from the giant scary crab -- even Uncle Matt abandoned the crab catching project because it was so big.

Nice hat, Matt.  He made a deal with Elliott that he would keep filling the sand pit with water as long as she continued to entertain him with stories.  She proceeded to tell a looooong involved story about a band of donkeys that plays music in New York.  They sell blue Tshirts but the girl donkeys wear pink and the opening band is all elephants.  She also told him about her imaginary friends and all sorts of other nonsense.  Everyone was entertained -- including the group of people next to us.

Fishing

Testing out her new goggles.


You know, I had a bunch of long, lonely days this winter but days like today TOTALLY make up for them.  I love my job.  I love my family.  I love my life.

No comments: