Friday, November 25

Turkey Day!

Who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned oven fire on the eve of the first Thanksgiving we've ever hosted (with 27 guests)?  Thankfully Papa Dan came to the rescue and put it out (it was small but still, it was fire) and the Nickersons let me come borrow their oven to finish up my evening baking.  One long self-cleaning cycle and we were back in business.

I love our house.  We comfortably sat 27 people for dinner (I'm glad we haven't furnished the living room yet!), had at LEAST 3 people in the kitchen at all times, and then had room for 17 overnight guests.  It was a BYO air mattress party.  Considering it was our very first Thanksgiving (and I only just learned how to cook more than macaroni and cheese about 18 months ago), I think it went well.  A few lessons learned for next time -- but it went so well that I'm already thinking about next time!

Pre-dinner exercise (toddler speed hiking)

GORGEOUS day for a walk




She is the most affectionate kid I've ever seen.  She jumped into Donald's arms as soon as he came into the house.  When it was time to say goodbye, she kept trying to kiss Shea and Cristian but neither of them were interested.  Ha!  Also, she climbed into bed with Auntie Mary in the morning to "schnuggle."







Baby Logan was in the house for about 13 seconds before Elliott insisted on holding her.

For some reason, this was a fun game?

Look who's doing the dishes!

Everybody takes a turn!


Scout did her share of cleaning up, too.
 

Breakfast for 17?  No problem.  Note to self: get disposable coffee cups next time.


"Don't go home, Nana."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  As Elliott said during dinner, "I'm thankful for my fam-ih-wee."


No comments: