Sunday, February 25

Worst stay-cation evah

It all started with a weird grey spot in the bottom corner of my vision ... that got bigger ... and bigger ... and by the time I called my doctor, found an ophthalmologist, and made it to their office (at first they said they didn't have appointments until May but once I described with weird grey spot that was blocking almost half my vision in my left eye, they made an emergency appointment for that day), my retina was 75% detached. Ugh.

Off to the ER we went -- what a romantic Valentine's Day! And guess what? Eye surgery isn't fun. And the recovery? Suuuuuuuucks. They put a gas bubble in my eye to hold the lasered retina in place and then I had to be FACE DOWN for EIGHT DAYS AND NIGHTS.  Yes, it was as boring as it sounds. Jas found a massage chair on amazon that was delivered the next day fully-assembled, and my friend lent me a massage table to sleep on. Oh the boredom. Oh the back pain.

I am not an island. This "being an adult and raising small people" thing is hard work and I am incredibly grateful to my husband, mom, and ARMY of mom (and dad)-friends who took over. The girls were whisked off to playdates almost every day and we had homecooked meals delivered all week. But I'm taking a rain check on my birthday this year. I'm still 37 -- in fact, now I'm only 36. I'll celebrate another day when I can be upright.

OH and because when it rains, it pours: Jas spent my birthday in the ER because he threw his back out (he's better now) and THEN E and Q had lice. Had to call all of the awesome families who took the girls for playdates to tell them to do a lice check. OMG. Calgon, take me away.


Yeah, this is for the first responders so they know I can't be air lifted because my EYE COULD EXPLODE. ANXIET LEVEL AT AN ALL TIME HIGH.



There was enough snow one day to make a snow wedding!

Emily is an OT and lent me these cool glasses with mirrors so I could look people in the eye. HA!





Still here ...

Everybody got a kick out of the glasses.

Another day? It was 74 degrees out, New England is so weird. Oh on this day, we were sitting outside having lunch and there was a bird chirping REALLY LOUDLY. It has been ... a week ... here and Jason clenched his teeth and goes: "Shut. UP. BIRD." My mom and I cracked up. We are looking forward to more sunny days but better moods.

E read me a whole chapter of her book.

Puzzle girl

This came with one of our meals. Perfect!

The nursing staff here is very cute.


I'm upright! We celebrated by going to the movies!

Aaaaaaand we have lice.

We decided to throw money at this problem. Q and E had to be treated. T and I were in the clear. Lice Aunties to the rescue! Salon day!

I earned every calorie of this. I actually lost 4 pounds this week but I am pretty sure it was all muscle. Two more weeks before I can resume normal life but at least I can sleep (on my side) in the bed now!

No comments: