What an amazing event. One THOUSAND runners, hundreds of volunteers, at least another thousand spectators, and I think they raised more then $40K for #whynotdevin. As I cam around the corner by the library, I started to ugly cry because on top of ALL those people, there was a water station manned by the entire football program from our town with all the cheerleaders and a ton of other spectators. Across the street, the fire station had emptied out and the firefighters were cheering us on. It was an amazing show of support for one of the best families I've ever met.
 |
| I love that there were so man kids lined up with the elite runners. Devin's Army is strong and dedicated and FAST. The kid who won is a high schooler in town and he ran the 5K in like 16 minutes. Crazy fast. |
 |
| Speaking of fast, Speedy McElliott rocked the kids sprint. |
 |
| Andrew, as The Green Lantern, ran with the littles. They all giggled the whole way! |
 |
| I couldn't resist giving Christine a sweaty hug at the finish line. I love that he brother, the bouncer, is giving me the "you have 3 seconds to unhand my sister" look! |
No comments:
Post a Comment