Thursday, January 12

Drama Club

I am choreographing Elliott's drama club again this year -- I'm trying to teach 200 elementary school kids how to do a jazz square but most of them don't know their rights from their lefts and I spend 40% of my time tying sneakers. Elliott is excited to be playing the role of Augustus Gloop in Willy Wonka; a highlight of the experience is Talie singing the Oompa Loompa songs in Spanish; and Quinn? Poor Quinn gets passed around to whoever will hold her -- she will have an immune system of steel.

So far, there are lots of moms who can keep Q happy and quiet but Mr Ben is the only one who has gotten her to nap!! 
Talie gets tired -- totally understandable considering how many hours she spends at rehearsals with me. This night I had to carry her out after a meltdown -- Elliott really stepped up to the plate and helped by taking all of the other things and being super cooperative. They're pretty good about being helpful when the other is freaking out ... but sometimes all three of them are exhausted and grumpy and we all cry in the car. I kid. That only happened once ... or twice. :o)


The kids are really good about ignoring Talie when she inserts herself into scenes. 

"a little bit softer now ..."

No comments: