Sunday, August 28

August

This summer has been SO HOT. Not to wish my life away or say that it has been a total wash, but man oh man, I'm ready for fall. I've got 25 extra pounds and a sweaty baby attached to me at almost all times. Wrangling three kids is hard -- especially since Q can't wear sunscreen yet. We have been BUSY and I think the girls have had their fill of fun, sun, and swimming. But I'm tired now. :o) I think this was the only day of rain we had -- my garden is so limp and the grass is totally brown. The weeds are happy but my basil is fried. Feelin' hot hot hot!

Heading out to sing in the sprinkler "rain."

About a day later, this totally toppled over! The blooms were just too heavy!


Bumbo time! Q wins the award for baldest baby!

Best purchase of the year. I love my new umbrella! I'm such a lame suburban mom ...

TACO TUESDAY!

Tell me to quit my bitching about potty training, baby weight, loneliness, and sleep deprivation. This summer rocks.

Just a regular summer morning at Casa del Moensi

This kid is so sweet. She will drop anything and everything if she hears Quinn cry. She comes armed with pacifiers (which Q doesn't really like), toys, hugs, and high pitched sing-song.

T caught a bug and had a few narcoleptic naps. Poor thing.

My snuggle bunny

Team weeding.


Helpful big sisters!

Swimming every day makes for a SLEEPY Talie!

Elliott hit the movies with a friend one day -- she has quite the life.

Talie has been ... work. Re-potty training her has been ... work. Luckily, my village came through with great advice, commiseration, and wine-delivery! Thanks, Ann!


More post-swimming narcolepsy.

Jas went to see Pearl Jam at Fenway. He also did a boys weekend in Maine for Andrew's birthday but there is no photographic proof. There are go-pro videos of them fishing, boating, and rope jumping somewhere.  Sounds like they ate a lot of red meat and the only vegetable consumed was in the form of a bloody Mary. They all agreed that they played like boys but woke up tired and sore like old men. Ha!



Best babysitters ever! I can't believe we've known Hannah and Jillian since they were 1 and 4 years old! I was Jillian's age when I met their parents! WHA??



Sadly, I have sent much of my CSA box to the compost this summer.  I just haven't been able to keep up!

Womp.

Pool par-TAY!

No fear. Belly flops for hours!

Show me your mean face!



Swimming?


Some days I accomplish a lot around the house.  Other days, I take naps with this baby.




School starts tomorrow so I suppose we should soap the children ...

No comments: