Elliott and Talie are thrilled to announce the arrival of their little sister, Quinn Marie Moens, born Tuesday May 10th at 11:50pm and weighing in at an impressive 8lbs 15oz. Everybody is happy, healthy, and tired. A million thanks to our village for helping us out this week -- we are very very lucky.
 |
| What a meatball! |
 |
| Proud big sisters. |
 |
| Helping with her first bath. |
 |
| "Don't you cry, my little butterfly ..." |
 |
| Hearing test. |
 |
| Quinn's first conference call. |
 |
| Home sweet home!!! |
So the story is this: I had my regular 39 week appointment in Boston on Tuesday morning. I have been a wicked healthy pregnant lady. Do I like being pregnant? NO. I cannot imagine how miserable it would be to have complications. So, on Tuesday, Jas worked from home so I could go in to my appointment without Talie (she's normally fine and a fun little buddy but I was getting giant and tired). When I got to my appointment (early!), my blood pressure was through the roof -- which was weird because it has been totally fine and normal every week! So my doctor basically invited me to stay and have a baby. Jas dropped T off with Wendy at Panera, Cristina pulled E out of class to let her know she'd be going home with their family, and I was wheeled over to L&D. We had some dinner, decided on Quinn's name (going with the alien theme -- E, T, and Q. Q is from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Pappy totally would have called her "The Borg."), had a bunch of contractions, and was eventually induced at around 6pm. Once the doctors convinced me to push (my 2nd least favorite part of the process after getting an epidural), she was out in 2 contractions. Childbirth is weird and gross and unlike any physical activity on earth. We checked out of the hospital a full day early so when we arrived home, Q was only like 39 hours old! Life steamrolls ahead. We are happy, healthy, and tired, but mostly, we are in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment