Saturday, May 16

Recital Day

Not only am I a soccer mom, I'm also a dance mom. All week long, I've been giving the other moms tutorials on how to do ballet buns.  Twenty years of dance training and I'm able to add value as "Bun Mom."

I love Elliott's ballet school.  They do a very simple "spring demonstration" in their uniforms -- they get the experience of performing on stage, but there aren't any silly costumes (although I do love little girls in tutus) or fake eyelashes.  The little ones do a short show in the early afternoon and the older girls perform later in the day -- I imagine it makes for an expensive and complicated day if you have several children in the program, but it is great for us with just a little one!  No surprise: Elliott was front and center, confident in her choreography, and nudging the other girls into the right spots. Like mother, like daughter.

I asked Annie and Elliott to show me a ballet pose and this is what I got. Ha!




That's Elliott, third from the right.

Talie picked out a potted succulent for Elliott's recital flowers. 

No comments: