- "Skah-kee" -- for a while there we thought she had her first imaginary friend called "Skah-kee" but I'm pretty sure she just likes the sound of it.
- "Mommy, I don't like Elmo." Music to my ears. This dislike lasted all of 2 days.
- She likes to put her cup on a "roller coaster."
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. I'm still impressed that she has been able to say every syllable of this word -- and that she has been for months. The Broadway soundtrack is also teaching her how to spell it.
- Her imagination -- especially when playing with her babies -- has really exploded. I like to eavesdrop on her playing. The other day I heard this nonesense: "Naked baby, I'll get you some ice cubes for your nap." Another time I caught her reprimanding her baby saying: "I asked you twice!" She does listen!!
- She blamed Uncle Matt for her fart the other day. I don't know why that cracks me up but I'm sure she'll do it again because now she knows it makes me laugh.
- A few of her favorite words/phrases that she works into virtually every topic are "actually" and "is it true?"
- "Deedee, just answer my question!"
- "Excuse me what's your name?"
- "Pretty soon, I'm going to marry Daddy and we are going to dance in a circle at the museum with Co Co and Uncle Matt."
- She says fomember and fomind me instead of remember and remind me.
- "The driver on the bus says take your pants off, take your pants off ..."
Some recent conversations:
After saying "no" to every question for several minutes: "Elliott, are you being contrary?"
"YES!"
"Tell me a story about Snow White."
"OK, where did Snow White go in this story?"
"Ummmmm the Apple store"
"Elliott, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A grown up -- no! A dinosaur! A pink one!"

No comments:
Post a Comment