Monday, September 26

Random fun

Grumpy face

Even Pappy loves the new swing set!

I lowered one of the swings so she can get onto it herself.  We have spent most afternoons out on the swings in mosquito-land.  I'm in a love/hate relationship with bug spray.

Someone likes her bike helmet.  And you'll never guess who picked out her own shoes.

Some of the more entertaining "Elliott-isms" of late:
  • Jas has taught her to say "Woo hoo! Sweet!" and is trying to teach her to say "Eh-eee" with her thumbs up.  A video would be better than this lame description.
  • "Mommy, drive with two hands!"
  • In a panicked voice with her arms stretched out in front of her, she asked me where her elbows went. Panicked I tell you.
  • FYI -- the going rate for imaginary ice cream is "30 dollars and a quarter."
  • She keeps asking to be put in a time out. Clearly my discipline strategy is not effective.
  • Suddenly, she's been adding the "ee" sound to things like "my milky" and "Scouty."
  • She can recite several of her books including "Fancy Nancy," "Duck on a Bike," most of the Sandra Boynton books and "Goodnight Moon."  It is really amazing how smart 2 year olds are.  We will read a library book twice and she'll have portions of it memorized.
  • The other day in the car she said to me, "Hey Mommy!  Guess what? Ant Lindsay loves me."  Several minutes later: "Mommy, Nana loves me."
  • As Jas was leaving for work this morning, she said: "Bye Daddy!  I love you! Drive carefully!"
  • She continues to talk about our trip to Sesame Place and how much fun we had there.  "Last night I see Daddy and Yoo-ee (Lilly) on roller coaster!" or "I saw the Count when I on Daddy's shoulders." or "Last night Fancy Nancy take baby Aoife onto van with me."  It is very sweet.
  • Jas gave Elliott her first science lesson: when you put ce cubes in shower, they melt and become water.
  • One of her new favorite pastimes is playing hide n go seek.  She closes her eyes and says, "Mommy!  Find me!"  Or she counts to 10 while looking at me and then tells me she found me.
  • We've been going to the gym a lot recently -- she LOVES the child watch room.  She talks about her friend Emily (one of the adults) all the time.  "Mommy, Emiwee say I'm rockstar."
  • "I'm going to have food with my friends Jane and Michael Banks." (Mary Poppins reference)
  • "Daddy, maybe after we go to King's Crown, we can buy a pink horse." (Fancy Nancy and Mary Poppins in one thought)
  • My new favorite time of the day is right before her nap or right before bedtime when we "cuddle one minute."  So sweet.
  • When we moved in, Dan the cable man came to the house to "help us fix the TV."  Now, when ANYTHING breaks, she says Dan the cable man will fix it.  A ripped book, a broken crayon, when the power went out for a day and a half.  Dan the cable man to the rescue!
  • "No, I do it myself."
  • She has been insisting on showing me half chewed food in her mouth this week.  It is gross.
  • After we told her that Mommy loves Elliott and Mommy loves Daddy and Daddy loves Mommy and Daddy loves Elliott, we asked her who she loves.  She said: "Great Grammie!!"  I immediately emailed my 91 year old grandmother to tell her this.  Yes, my 91 year old grandmother emails.  I love it. 

No comments: