If you've read the blog before, you'll know that Elliott's favorite song is "Happy Birthday." I've never seen a kid so happy as this one when 30+ people sang it to her. Her legs were kicking, her grin was touching her ears. So happy. 30+ you say? Yes. We are multiplying at an alarming rate and very soon, children will outnumber adults ... Our new house is perfect for a big kid-friendly party. Big back yard with a swing set, big deck with a water table, an empty living room in which to spread out toys, chicken nuggets fresh from the oven. Toddler paradise.
Cristian caught Jake sneaking a cookie. Ha!
Once she got used to the attention, E was fine. At one point early on in the party, I caught sight of her out of the corner of my eye wandering into the front yard. I looked around to see that Dee-dee, Pappy, Nana, Pop-Pop and Jas were all within sight so I knew she was unsupervised. When I caught up with her, she was climbing under a bush in the front yard saying "I just go under there." After that she warmed up to the crowd. She and Mia were attached at the hip for the remainder of the party:
The Nickersons brought their WWE wrestling ring/bouncy house. It was a hot and humid day and it showed -- all the kids looked like they had gone swimming they were so sweaty after crashing around in this thing! I didn't have time to take my camera out until most of the action had died down. Late in the day Maddie was feeling brave enough to participate in the Massaro pig-pile contest:
Yeah, 20 kids can do some damage:
Have I mentioned how much I love our house? I love it. I want to have parties all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment