Friday, August 19

A whole lotta words

This kid talks. all. the. time. I can't keep track of all the funny things she says but here are a few:
  • Several days in a row she stood by the front door and yelled at it: "Daddy! Come home!"
  • She likes to give praise -- she tells the librarian he's doing a good job as he's checking out our books for us. The other night when Jas turned off the light at the top of the stairs, she gasped and said: "Yay Daddy! You did it!" and gave him a giant hug.
  • She's extremely polite and says please and thank you almost all the time. Almost.
  • Jokingly, Jas put her bike helmet on his head. Very seriously, she told him he looked handsome.
  • "Mooooomeeeee! Where aaaaare yooooou! I'm awake! I'm in my bed! Mommy come get me!"
  • "Daddy at work with Fabio and Christian. Daddy no take airplane. Daddy drive blue car work with Fabio."
  • One night she woke up yelling: "No Kermit the Frog!"
  • We drove by a cemetery recently and she asked "where those come from?" Errr ...
  • Another time we drove by a golf course and she said: "Last night Great Donny push stroller there." Everything is "Last night." She was remembering our trip to Florida when my uncle Don was pulling his golf clubs on the course.
  • "I want pizza like at Great Babsie's house."
  • "Pretty soon ... Elliott birthday!"
  • When I asked her who her favorite character in The Lion King was she told me that I was her favorite best friend. Then she gave me a loud raspberry kiss on my knee.
  • The other day she looked up and told Jas she wanted some iced coffee and chocolate. She's becoming more of a mini-me every day.
  • Jas: "No more talking. Time for sleeping." Elliott: "I not talking Daddy. Daddy, I not talking. I'm all done talking. Daddy? I not talking. Daddy! Daddy! All done talking!"
  • During a rainstorm she asked if she could touch the thunder. "Peez Mommy?"
  • At breakfast last week she asked me if I had a baby sister in my belly. When I said no she asked Jas if HE had a baby sister in his belly. He said no and she informed us that SHE had a baby sister in HER belly.
  • She packed up a bag with some mardi gras beads, a TV remote and a plastic lion and said to me: "Bye! I going school!"
  • Her new favorite word is "stumble." My favorite words she says (besides Please, Thank you and I love you Mommy) are delicious and beautiful.
  • Her favorite song is still Happy Birthday. Today she was singing it to her door, her ceiling fan, Stanley the dog, the kitchen and her milk.
  • "Mommy, I want ... I want ... I want something ... I want something to have." Oh yeah? Could you be a little more specific?

Other fun things:
  • We've been doing a weekly(ish) movie night -- her favorites are the Muppets (although apparently that one gave her nightmares?), the Toy Story movies and The Lion King. She HATED Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians. Go figure.
  • She is incredibly good with names (one of my more embarrassing party tricks -- I'll remember everyone's names and several details about them -- it can be awkward because most of the time, people don't remember me.) She knows all of her playgroup friends' names and who goes with whom. She talks all about her family (uncles, aunties, ants, greats, etc.) and knows her own full name ("Ewiott Kaf-ween Moens"), as well as mine, Jas', Dee Dee's, Nana's and Scout's ("Scout Kaf-ween Moens").
  • In the last few weeks she has really started using her imagination -- she'll go to the "store" to buy broccoli, crackers, flip flops and anything else I put on the list or she'll get me a pretend bowl of ice cream.
  • She. Loves. Her baby stroller. We named her big baby Daisy and her little baby Maisie. She takes them (and Bonus the doll) for laps around the house.
  • She's ready for Nashville, folks. She can play that harmonica, man. ("My 'monica!")
  • I knew they wouldn't last so I really enjoyed them but for 2 weeks there she was taking 3 hour naps. I think she grew 3 inches -- and I unpacked all of the boxes!
  • We've been working on "inside volume" and "outside volume." It's almost working ...
  • Elliott LOVES having her Dee Dee living here. She loved it even more when Pappy stayed with us for a few days and she had BOTH of her grandparents around.

I love my life.

1 comment:

Massaro Family said...

I. LOVE. HER.