Saturday, February 19

Other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen, public temper tantrums have started ... yikes. She wants to walk and help and basically run the show and if she doesn't get her way, she screams, throws herself on the floor and goes boneless. Yup, I'm that parent at the grocery store that abruptly leaves the store with a wriggling, screaming toddler under my arm or over my shoulder. Sometimes, though, we're able to indulge her:


Baby yoga helps calm the nerves before the dreaded diaper change. So does Curious George.


One of our favorite games this week is building tents. Unfortunately, Scout doesn't quite understand the concept and keeps climbing on top of the blankets and collapsing the tent ...


Elliott has become a parrot. She repeats everything and anything we say and she wants to do whatever we are doing -- even if it means brushing her teeth with a giraffe and putting chapstick on her armpits.


She continues to insist on calling Uncle Matt and Ant Lindsay several times a day. She's also added calling "Ah OH" (Auntie Lauren) to her list of demands. I can usually placate her by showing her their facebook profile photo albums.


It's my birthday today. :o) Jas and I have been spoiled by our moms -- we have been out on the town FOUR times this month. I'm allergic to being in front of the camera right now so I have no photographic documentation of the fun had. But trust me, there has been fun had by all. Thank you to Nana and "Deet-see" for all the baby-free evenings this month! I'm going to go eat a fun-fetti cupcake now.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Ah yes, the public tantrums! We are so in full swing here as well. Mike got a small taste of it today as he joined our shopping trip to Target. Let's just say, Mike was not amused!