Thursday, May 31

May Flowers

I'd like to report that the weekly chores have been accomplished every week but ... 


T gets very upset if I suggest she do her morning routine out of order.

"I call Daddy."

Derby Party fun. Too many mint juleps for me.


E liked being in goal because her "team is so good that the ball never even came near the goal!" So ... she doesn't like to actually PLAY lacrosse. I think she just likes practice -- which is fine by me. She's getting exercise with friends outdoors. She doesn't care one bit about the score of the game.

I love my happy blue house. The dogwood only got prettier as the weeks went on.

Feelin' hot hot hot in early May. Another season with the water table and the giant umbrella.

Jason won a bunch of money and three horses at the derby party. The girls were thrilled.

Legs for days.

Planting season

E dd her first overnight with her girl scout troop. The little girls and I "chaperoned" the first bit to get them all set up at camp.

They were not happy to realize they weren't sleeping over. The car was about a quarter mile away so I got my exercise as sherpa-mom.


Sounds like they got about 4 hours of sleep. Success?

The boys are back in town!

Spring in Portrait Mode

Happy Mother's Day to ME


One of Elliott’s BFFs just got diagnosed with diabetes and E is one of her nurse buddies — she walks with her to the bathroom and the nurse several times a week to make sure she is safe at school. It takes a village to raise kids, man.



Quinn's first playdate with the only other kid we know her age, Isla! They had a blast.

Third grader down for the count.

I bought these things several years ago and tucked them away in the back of the basement ... and forgot about them. Silver lining to the basement flooding?


Sister meeting.

Preschool sing-along is one of my favorite spring events.



I helped out in Elliott's classroom and she showed me her writing notebook. I got a kick out of the pictures she chose to feature.

Remember when I took a raincheck on my birthday? Yeah, I forgot to cash that in ... and the cake in the freezer didn't survive.

iNight for the SAGE kids was HOT. Elliott presented her project on creating an International Space City en espanol.

SLOW DOWN, TIME.

These kids insist on growing. I do not approve.

Who gets more exercise at LAX practice? The team or the little sisters?

These two are excited to be kindergarten buddies! SIXTY of the 110 incoming kindergarteners are siblings!

One more from the GS sleepover.


I scream, you scream, we all scream for shower night! "Mommy? Nap-a-kin peez?"






Popsicle season starts now.

Pool's open!




Elliott has grown out of all the shamrock shirts we have on hand, so for “country of origin day” at her very diverse school, she wore her Rockaway Beach shirt

No comments: