Elliott has had quite the summer so far. She is on the waiting list for the Spanish kindergarten program so in preparation (fingers crossed she gets in!), she did a week of Spanish camp at the public school. She really liked it. Then she had a week of ballet camp ... oh my mama. She LOVED it. She's not one to share too many details about her day (you may remember that I likened preschool to fight club -- the only rule is you don't talk about it) but she went ON AND ON AND ON about every minute detail about ballet camp. It was followed up by 2 weeks of swimming lessons which were a huge let down in comparison. But we had no plans this Friday so I let her do a drop-in day at ballet camp. She. Was. Thrilled.
All week long the kids worked on a performance -- they not only learned a dance, designed costumes, and created scenery, but they reimagined the storyline for the ballet. The first week, E was a stepsister in Cinderella -- but a vampire. Cinderella was a tiger, the stepmother was a ghost ... I think the fairy godmother was a flying pegasus? They were SO imaginative. The second week was Don Quixote and although she had not been there all week, she knew the dance from the week before so they plugged her into the performance as a construction worker alligator. Ha! I can't say enough good things about Mass Ballet. It is a wonderful program and as a former dancer, I am SO happy that she is enjoying it.
 |
| The vampire stepsister entrance! |
 |
| E and her Ballet BFF. |
 |
| They also went to the park to do yoga (and play) twice a week. (No, I didn't go -- the studio sent this :o) |
No comments:
Post a Comment