Saturday, June 15

Adventure Dog

Ever lost your wallet?  Then you know that feeling when your heart sinks into your stomach and lower.  Now multiply that by 8 million and live on a VERY busy road and have your dog sneak out the front door (at least I think that's how she got out -- I see no holes in the fence).  Oy.  Scout went missing for about 2 hours this weekend.  My feet and legs are all bloodied from running up and down the street barefoot and then traipsing through the reservation across the street in a panic. I felt better once I ran into some families who were going to be camping across the street -- I knew Scout would go find people ... and food.  Turns out she went visiting at the church next door AGAIN and someone put her into her car to keep her off the road.  She went on a few errands with a stranger and was delivered back to us a few hours later.  Man I love this dog.  What a terrible feeling to think we lost her.  I was only slightly afraid she'd get hurt -- I was more afraid someone would steal her.  She's just so loveable and wonderful.

Scout, why you want to LEAVE me?

No comments: