Friday, March 8

Crafty

We are a crafty bunch here in this house.  My mom is a sewing genius but Jas and I have done a few projects recently that are worth mentioning.  I am overwhelmed by Pinterest and I typically feel very inadequate and unimaginative when I research arts and crafts projects but we've been housebound a lot this winter and I've come up with a few good ideas (none original of course).

Curtains, pillow and fancy quilt by my mom, little quilt and hanging lantern thing by me!

Glitter Jars!  Shake them up and take deep breaths while watching the glitter settle.  Helps with frustration.  Sometimes.  Other times is escalates the tantrum: "I DON'T NEED A GLITTER JAR!  ARRRGH!"

Measuring stick!  This one was all Jas.

Got this letter matching game idea from a home-schooling blog that made me feel like a terrible mom.  At least I did ONE of the projects on there, right?

What to do with those Duplo blocks she hasn't touched in 2 years?  Make a matching game!  This took me way too long to make (but I like to color so I didn't mind).


Baking soda in the dish, food coloring and vinegar in the cupcake tin, medicine dropper in her hand.  Colorful FIZZ!

Another project by Jas -- the fireplace cover used to be bright shiny brass -- one can of high heat spray paint and voila!

No comments: