Here are some of the more entertaining tidbits that have come out of this kid recently:
- "Mommy, what's this?"
"Daddy's bathing suit."
"Why?"
"That doesn't make any sense."
"What doesn't make any sense?"
"Your question."
"Why doesn't my question make any sense?"
"Well because Daddy's bathing suit is ... it's just Daddy's bathing suit."
"But WHY?" - When we were in the hotel last weekend, Jas sneezed early one morning and Elliott, mostly asleep from the other bed, whispered: "Bless me."
- "Daddy. Belle changed her mind and wants to marry Gaston and not marry the Beast."
- Post-bath babble about everyone's jobs: "Mommy takes care of Elliott and Dee Dee takes care of old people and I take care of Mommy and Daddy takes care of computers."
- "For my birthday, I want Santa to bring me TWO presents: a smile for my baby and a smile for me." Consider it done, kid.
- In a slightly frantic voice: "When I grow up, I have to find a Daddy to marry!"
- She LOVES to talk to (and tickle) the baby in Mommy's belly. The other day, she leaned in, kissed it several times and told this story: "Once upon a time ... there was a baby named you." She later asked if once the baby was done in my belly if it would come out of my belly button. I'm all for honesty, but she's two -- she doesn't need to know about the birthing process just yet. So I said yes. I'll go put a quarter into the future therapy fund piggy bank.
- "Mom, I totally want to stay in my jammies."
- "Mommy, I hear the baby crying. She wants you to take your shirt off so she can see me."
No comments:
Post a Comment