Friday, June 18

No photos here

A non-photo post about Elliott's recent tricks:

  • Her first tooth arrived last week! I imagine there are more on the way so goodbye sleep!
  • I've been working on a bunch of sign language like "more," "sleepy," "nurse" and "all done" but so far, she hasn't really made signs any herself. I think she understands "hungry."
  • She totally responds to her Daddy's tricks. She now knows how to "clap hands," raise her arms up when he asks "how big is Elliott?" and flip up her palms when he says "I don't know!" If in the right mood, she'll wave hello and sometimes she says "HIIIIIIIIII" when I go in to get her after her nap. Oh, Jas also taught her to stick her feet into his face when he asks "Where are your stinky feet?"
  • No crawling yet (although Grammy was working with her this weekend by placing Cheerios juuuust out of reach) but she pulls herself up on anything she can reach (including Scout) and walks herself across the room if possible.
  • She'll eat anything I give her. Including the mail. She still loves sweet potatoes the best but Cheerios are a close second.
  • Her favorite books are by Sandra Boynton (because they're my favorite ones to read over and over and over and over ...) and her favorite songs are "Three Green and Spreckled Frogs" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad." She likes "This Little Piggy" but not "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Her favorite game this week is to take every toy out of the container one at a time, look at it for a moment, shake it violently and then throw it over her shoulder.
Any questions? :o)

1 comment:

Dinara said...

Congrats on the first tooth!!!
Love your summary of the things she does and say. I keep meaning to note the same for both Paul and James and haven't yet - in many cases pictures don't capture it all. Paul only knew how to sign 'more' and it was great. Hope she picks up some of them.

Love photos too - keep them coming! :)